The Seed Certification and Control program certifies high-quality seed and propagating material of superior crop varieties, grown and distributed to ensure genetic and mechanical purity, and a minimum of seed-borne diseases. An interagency certification system is also provided for maintaining the genetic and mechanical purity of certified seed when repacking or combining mixtures of kinds or varieties. Seed that does not conform to the requirements of the state's seed law is subject to removal from the marketplace and the seller is subject to other penalties.
- New Jersey Seed Law (Adobe PDF)
- List of Currently Registered Wholesale Seedsmen (Adobe PDF)
- Seedsman's Registration Application Form (Adobe PDF)
- Seed Control Regulations (Adobe PDF)
- Noxious Weed Seed Regulations
- Plant Laboratory Services