Campus Police Officer
||Campus Police Officer
$50,492.53 - $58,068.82
|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
||The College of New Jersey
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol campus on foot, in police vehicles or on bicycle in order to deter crime, direct traffic, provide service or assistance to employees, students or visitors to campus, and to enforce traffic and parking regulations.
- Investigate disturbances, suspicious circumstances, traffic accidents or violations of college regulations when prompted by phone calls, alarms, citizens' requests, or officers' observations.
- Interview witnesses, suspects, and victims of criminal investigations and motor vehicle accidents and take appropriate law enforcement action. Write clear and accurate reports to record incident.
- Direct traffic at campus events using barricades, traffic cones, traffic vests, and flashlights.
- Assist local police departments when requested in order to enforce state laws and city ordinances.
- Attend and testify in municipal, circuit, district, federal, and juvenile court, before grand jury; review case file and prepare testimony.
- Complete police documents such as daily activity reports, investigation reports, arrest reports, vehicle impound records, traffic accident reports, consent to search forms, Miranda rights forms, operational reports, complaint summons and warrants, and fingerprint cards in order to record activity on shift, complete criminal investigations and arrest processing, investigate traffic accidents or other incidents of law violations.
Police Officer Certification
INTERESTED CANDIDATES IN STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL GOV'T SHOULD FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Human Resources - ASB
Higher Education College Of New Jersey
2000 Pennington Road
Ewing, NJ 08628
(609) 771-2282, option 3
ALTERNATIVE FILING INSTRUCTIONS: