|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
||Headquarters Library, Westampton, NJ 08060
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Burlington County Library System is an innovative system consisting of a main branch, 7 branch libraries, 9 member libraries, 1 bookmobile and a virtual branch. We serve communities that are diverse and stretch from Philadelphia to the Jersey Shore.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, you will plan and coordinate wide-ranging and enriching services for children, tweens, teens and families. You will also:
- Be a system-wide leader in the administration, planning, implementation, and evaluation of services for children, tweens and teens.
- Analyze the needs of our communities to provide library services that meet educational, informational and recreational needs of our youth for today and the future.
- Assist with materials selection to ensure well-rounded collections.
- Manage and supervise the headquarters Library's Youth Service's Department.
- Be an advocate for an innovative youth technology culture.
- Engage children and families by providing reference and readers' advisory services.
- Participate in statewide and countywide initiatives.
- Represent the library at public venues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
35 hours on site, 5 hours off site for professional development
Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., including one night per week and rotating Saturdays.
4 Sundays per year.
A Master's degree in Library or Information Science in a library program accredited by the American Library Association or from a New Jersey Master's program in Library Science that has been deemed acceptable by Thomas Edison State College.
Three (3) years of librarian experience.
Must obtain a valid NJ license as a Professional Librarian within six (6) months of appointment.
Burlington County Library Human Resources
5 Pioneer Boulevard
Westampton, NJ 08060
ALTERNATIVE FILING INSTRUCTIONS: