||$42,750.00 - $56,600.00
|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Reports to: Assistant Director for Operations Services
Library Director (as a member of the Library's Management Team)
The Ocean County Library System is the largest public library system in New Jersey. It consists of 19 library branches, including the Toms River Headquarters Branch, and two reading centers. The operating budget for fiscal year 2014 is $38.4 million dollars. The Ocean County Library is an independent taxing authority of the County of Ocean. The Library is governed by the Ocean County Library Commission, consisting of seven members appointed by the Ocean County Board of Chosen Freeholders. The Library Commission is responsible for approving appointments and other personnel actions in accordance with New Jersey Civil Service Commission regulations; control of library funds, property, and equipment; determining policies and rules governing library operations, services, and personnel; and promoting library interests. The Library Director reports to the Library Commission and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Library.
Management Team Member. As a member of the Library's Management Team with the primary duty of serving as the Senior Accountant, the incumbent will support the financial and accounting operations of the Ocean County Library (OCL) System. In this capacity, the Senior Accountant will fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
- Champions and supports the Library's diversity initiative to ensure a welcoming and inclusive environment for library customers and staff through training, activities, services, programs, and recruitment.
- Remains poised, diplomatic, and professional at all times even when under pressure or in demanding situations.
- Excellent communication skills are required, including written, verbal, and oral presentation, to be applied in interpersonal and customer service situations in order to convey information and establish rapport with library customers, staff, colleagues, municipal and county government officials, and community organization partners.
- Serve as advisor to the Library Director (for financial matters) and Assistant Director of Operations and will be responsible for assignments and special projects.
- Attend meetings including: Management Team (bi-weekly), Pre-Commission (monthly), Library Commission (monthly), Assistant Director, Operations Services (weekly) and Library Director (bi-monthly).
- Serves as the Management Team liaison to various Ocean County Library committees, project teams, and task forces.
See New Jersey Civil Service Commission job specification for title code 03169@.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES IN STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL GOV'T SHOULD FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Ocean County Library
101 Washington Street
Toms River, NJ 08753