Public Information Assistant
||Public Information Assistant
|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
||Headquarters Branch, Westampton, NJ
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Burlington County Library System is an innovative system consisting of a main branch, 7 branch libraries, 9 member libraries, 1 bookmobile and a virtual branch. We serve communities that are diverse and stretch from Philadelphia to the Jersey Shore.
As the Public Information Assistant you will:
- Assist in planning and implementing a solid marketing plan and communications strategy that incorporates traditional and current practices in print, web and social media.
- Design printed materials in line with branding guidelines and utilize a variety of page layout, graphic, and desktop publishing software.
- Prepare and distribute press releases, videos, feature stories, bulletins, and other informational materials designed to acquaint the general public with the function and programs of the library.
- Represent the library at public venues and library events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicants must reside in Burlington County, NJ or be willing to relocate within one year of start date.
40 hours; Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and flexibility with schedule for job related events.
One (1) year of experience in work involving the collection, analysis, and dissemination of information in the field of news media and/or public relations, publicity, and/or advertising.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES IN STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL GOV'T SHOULD FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Burlington County Library
5 Pioneer Boulevard
Westampton, NJ 08060
ALTERNATIVE FILING INSTRUCTIONS: