Principal Account Clerk
||Principal Account Clerk
||$30,852.00 - $36,900.00
|Last Date for Filing:
||Open to Residents of:
||Burlington County Library
|Description of Jobs and Requirements:
(See Job Specification)
||Posting Title Identifier:
(State, Local, Unclassified)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
This position involves administrative and bookkeeping work that supports the operations of the Burlington County Library System which consists of a main branch, 7 branch libraries, 9 member libraries, 1 bookmobile and a virtual branch.
The work in the unit is high in volume and contains considerable difficulty and complexity of tasks. The candidate will need to have the skills to balance and serve the needs, sometimes competing needs, of Branch and Department Heads. Main duties include:
- Reviews, codes & processes requisitions/purchase orders, invoices, receipts, vouchers and accounts payable.
- Posts a variety of accounting transactions to ledgers and journals. Makes necessary mathematical computations for posting and maintenance of records.
- Maintains and fosters positive relationships with vendors, Library Leaders and County Offices.
- Maintains and prepares a variety of records and reports at the request of the Library Director.
- File and tally deposits and arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
Must be a certified resident of Burlington County or will move into Burlington County within one (1) year of the start of employment.
Two (2) years of experience in the preparation, maintenance, and/or review and verification of financial records.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES IN STATE, COUNTY OR MUNICIPAL GOV'T SHOULD FORWARD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Burlington County Library
5 Pioneer Boulevard
Westampton, NJ 08060
(609) 267-9660 x 3051
ALTERNATIVE FILING INSTRUCTIONS: