The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) is a State agency created to provide administrative guidance, financial support and technical assistance to local governments, community development organizations, businesses and individuals to improve the quality of life in New Jersey.
DCA offers a wide range of programs and services that respond to issues of public concern including fire and building safety, housing production, community planning and development, and local government management and finance.
DCA's programs and services are provided through the following Divisions:
- Division of Codes and Standards
- Division of Housing and Community Resources
- Division of Fire Safety
- Division of Local Government Services
- Sandy Recovery Division
DCA is closely affiliated with the following agencies:
- Government Records Council
- New Jersey Historic Trust
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- New Jersey Redevelopment Authority
- Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) Program