Office of Fire Department Preparedness
The OFDP will:
- Assist the State Fire Coordinator in the deployment of resources in major incidents or events.
- Provide assistance and support to the County Fire Coordinators prior to and during major incidents or events.
Provide training and education to County Fire Coordinators.
- Collect and disseminate fire service resource information.
- Work on projects that will enhance the response capabilities of the fire service of New Jersey.
- Develop working relationships with federal, state, county and local agencies.
- Assist local fire departments and County Fire Coordinators in developing and refining mutual aid plans.
- Respond to major emergencies throughout the State and region.
- Staff State, County and Local EOC's when requested.
- Research, develop and implement statewide interoperability solutions.
- Organize regional fire service response Task Forces and Strike Teams.