Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Assistance Provided To: Low-income occupants; community-based agencies assisting low-income occupied dwelling units.
Type of Assistance: Financial-Grants.
Funding Source: U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (LIHEAP) and U. S. Department of Energy (DOE).
Award Period: October 1 to September 30; April 1 to March 31.
Procedure for Applying: Submission of an application to a designated community-based agency.
Program Related Document
NJ State Plan 2012 [pdf 549mB]
NJ State Plan 2013 [pdf 1.67mB]
NJ Field Guide for Energy Auditors and Inspectors of Single Family Housing [pdf 24mB]
WAP Program Documents
Heswap Training Request Form [pdf 240 kB]
WAP Policy Guidance
The Division of Housing and Community Resources is currently undertaking a review of the policies that govern the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). This process is expected to be ongoing through a period of several months, culminating in the adoption of a Policy Manual for the New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program. Below are links to all the current the WAP Policy Manual & Bulletins (WAP PB) which govern the administration of the State of New Jersey s WAP.
Current Weatherization Policies
Chapter 1 - Eligibility and Documentation [pdf 273kB]
- Net Rental Income Calculation [pdf 11kB]
- DCA Certification of no income for applicant [ Word Doc 31kB]
- DCA Certification of no income for member of household [Word Doc 31kB]
- DCA Certification of no income tax filing for applicant [Word Doc 31kB]
- DCA Certification of no income tax filing for member of household [Word Doc 31kB]
- Certification of no Social Security Numbers [pdf 36kB]
- Emergency Services Acknowledgement Form [Word Doc 40kB]
- Landlord Agreement Form [Word Doc 47kB]
- Reweatherization Approval Form [pdf 37kB]
- File Content and Compliance Check list [Excel File]
- Certification of Insulation [Excel File]
- Post Installation Report [Word Doc 56kB]
Chapter 3 - Grantee Reporting and Payments [pdf 260kB]
- Repealed List [pdf 8kB]
- PB Series 100 [pdf 211kB]
- PB Series 300 [pdf 417kB]
- PB Series 400 [pdf 1.01mB]
- PB Series 500 [pdf 364kB]
- PB Series 600 [pdf 199kB]
- PB Series 700 [pdf 428kB]
- PB Series 800 [pdf 461kB]
New Jersey Weatherization Assistance Program Manual
Proposed Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Pending Revision
Chapter 2 - Pending Revision
Chapter 3 - Pending Revision (new title: Eligible and Non Eligible structures)
Chapter 4 - Health and Safety
Chapter 5 - Energy Audits and Material Installation Standards
Chapter 6 - Uniform Bid Process and Contractor Relations
Chapter 7 - Heating Systems
Chapter 8 - Sub Grantees Grant Management and Program Operations
Chapter 9 - State Quality Control Inspections and Monitoring
Appendix Weatherization Forms