- What is UNIAP?
- 2013 Tax Credit Application Updates
- 2013 UNIAP Documents
- 2013 UNIAP Materials for the CDBG/9% Tax Credit Cycles
- Questions? Problems?
UNIAP is the Unified Application for HMFA Multifamily Rental Housing Production Programs. It is the one place to go to apply for:
- Multifamily Financing Programs
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Multifamily Preservation Lending Program
- Supported Housing and Special Needs Programs
Projects often require funding from more than one of the programs listed above. The UNIAP consolidates the application process across programs, in order to reduce the number of forms you need to fill out.
Before Applying: Review the program information available on this website and the program guidelines within the UNIAP. Please contact the appropriate program staff, particularly if you are seeking Special Needs financing, for pre-application guidance and instructions.
***Please Note: If you are applying for 9% Tax Credits and your project is located in one of the 9 most Superstorm Sandy-impacted counties, you must apply in the accelerated May 31, 2013 round. Counties include: Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Union.***
9% Application Deadlines (tentative)
- Superstorm Sandy-Impacted Counties round with CDBG funds: 12:00 Noon on May 31st
- Non-CDBG round: 12:00 Noon on June 21st
- Mixed Income Reserve: Rolling from June 17th until 12:00 Noon on July 19th
Any current Tax Credit owners planning to submit applications for the 2013 9% tax credit round are advised to contact their Compliance Analyst to verify there are no uncorrected noncompliance issues with current properties. Please view our Compliance Analyst list (61k PDF) for contact information.
The underwriting guidelines shall be as follows:
Equity Range: $.93 - $.97
Applicable Percentage: 7.5% for the 70% present value credit
3.2% for the 30% present value credit
The 2013 UNIAP is now available. See below for Application, Guides and Worksheets.
- 2013 Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) Application (396k DOC)
- 2013 LIHTC Application Appendix (5.8MB PDF)
- Energy Benchmarking Manual (514k PDF)
- Form 10 - Construction/Permanent Financing LIHTC (687k XLS)
- Form 10 - Permanent Financing Only LIHTC (732k XLS)
- Part I Guidelines (125k PDF)
- Part I Form (326k DOC)
- Part II - Eligibility (91k XLS)
- Part III - Points (2.2MB XLSX)
- Part IV - Project Costs (390k XLS)
***The CDBG Guidelines and all associated application documents are subject to change until the expiration of the Governor's Veto Period on May 10, 2013.***
UNIAP materials for the CDBG / 9% Tax Credit Cycles are now available. See below for Application, Guides and Worksheets.
- 2013 LIHTC Application Addendum (16k PDF)
- Part III Points with CDBG (1.5MB XLSX)
- Part IV Project Costs with CDBG (403k XLS)
Please visit our CDBG page for additional CDBG application materials and information.
Please contact the Tax Credit Division at 609-278-7629 with questions.