Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:03 AM
Subject: 2012 Emission Statement
Once again, it is time to begin preparing for the 2012 Annual Air Emission Statement. There were several changes made this year to the Emission Statement Program. First, there is a new version of RADIUS, version 4.0. should be The Department is planning to make RADIUS 4.0 available for download by mid-January at the Bureau of Air Permit’s webpage (http://www.nj.gov/dep/aqpp/). All 2012 and future emission statements must be submitted to NJDEP using this latest version.
In order to be in compliance with EPA’s Federal Regulation Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation (CROMERR), emission statements can no longer be submitted via e-mail. All future submittals will only be accepted through the US Postal Service/Private Carrier, sent on CD or diskette, along with paper certification; or submitted through the NJDEP Online Services Portal.
Any Individual(s) with Direct Knowledge AND Responsible Official(s) of Major facilities wishing to submit their emission statements through the NJDEP Online Business Portal must first complete, sign, and return to NJDEP the Certification Authorization Form (RCAF), found under the Downloading Reference Documents & Other Reporting Forms section of the Emission Statement website. This RADIUS Certification Authorization Form just allows the certifiers of Major facilities to submit the emission statement through the NJDEP Online Service Portal. Facilities wishing to submit their emission statement this way must already have an account set up for their facility. If the facility does not have an account already created, please go to njdeponline.com to create an account.
Please note that the RCAF is for Major facilities only, and needs to be filled out just once by the certifier. Minor facilities wishing to submit an emission statement through the NJDEP Online Services Portal do not need to fill out this form. The Department asks that the RCAF be filled out and mailed to NJDEP by April, so that the information can be processed in time for the 2012 arrival of the emission statement.
Because RADIUS submittal through the NJDEP Online Services Portal is a new concept, the Emission Statement program is granting all emission statements submitted this way an automatic 1 month extension, without an approved extension request. This means that all emission statements submitted through the NJDEP Online Services Portal will have until June 15, 2013 to submit their 2012 emission statements to NJDEP. For facilities submitting their 2012 emission statement through the US Postal Service or courier services, the due date for the 2012 emission statement is still May 15, 2013. This means that in order for a facility submitting the 2012 emission statement via the US Postal Service to receive the 1 month extension, an extension request must be submitted to NJDEP by February 1, 2013 in order to be considered.
The Department wishes to call your attention to the following items when preparing your Emission Statement for reporting your 2012 emissions:
• Existing users of RADIUS will need to upgrade version 3.5 to version 4.0.
• With this new version of RADIUS, please be aware that since a PDF of the entire emission statement is now created in the zipped file, larger facilities may notice that the ‘Submit’ function runs longer than it used to while preparing to create the emission statement saved outside of RADIUS.
• Use the "Save as with different year" function under the Tools drop-down menu to create your 2012 emission statement from your existing 2011 emission statement.
• RADIUS 4.0 users can transfer only ‘exported’ emission statement files from one computer to another. You cannot import into RADIUS an emission statement that was saved using the ‘Submit’ function.
• Report NOx tons/season emissions for 5/1/12-9/30/12 as well as the Source Details for insignificant combustion sources.
• For Title V facilities (major facilities), remember to report PM2.5, ammonia, CO2, and methane.
• For all facilities, remember to report any of the 36 applicable Toxic Air Pollutants (TAPs) listed in Appendix K of the Guidance Document.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the Emission Statement helpline, (609) 984-5483, or via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and assistance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This message is being sent to the emissionstatements automated mailing list.
To get help via e-mail about your subscription, send a message to:
Majordomo@listserv.state.nj.us with only one word in the message body (not in the subject): help
If you still have questions after reading majordomo's reply,
send a message to: email@example.com
If your e-mail system is ever down, you can call the Emission
Statement Hotline at 609-984-5483.
Information on the Emission Statement program is available on the World Wide Web at http://www.state.nj.us/dep/aqm/baqp.htm