2013 Emission Statement Submission Procedure
It is time to begin preparing for the 2013 Annual Air Emission Statement. There is no new reporting requirement from last year to this year, but please remember to use the latest version of RADIUS, version 4.0, which can still be downloaded from the Bureau of Air Permits webpage (http://www.nj.gov/dep/aqpp/). All emission statements must be submitted to NJDEP using this latest version.
Like last year's emission statement submittals, in order to remain compliant with USEPA's Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation (CROMERR), emission statements can no longer be submitted via e-mail. All emission statements will only be accepted through the US Postal Service (USPS)/courier services or submitted through the NJDEP Online Service Portal, which is the preferred method. For submittals through USPS/courier services, please remember to include a properly signed paper certification along with the RADIUS file on a CD-ROM or diskette.
Any Major facilities wishing to submit their emission statement through the NJDEP Online Service Portal must first submit the RADIUS Certification Authorization Form (RCAF) to NJDEP. This is a one time "registration" so for major facilities that already submitted the RCAF, there is nothing else required for future submittals. This RCAF can be found under the Downloading Reference Documents & Other Reporting Forms section of the Emission Statement website. Please note that this RCAF just allows the certifiers of major facilities to submit the emission statement through the NJDEP Online Service Portal. Facilities wishing to submit their emission statement this way must already have an account set up for their facility on the NJDEP Online Service Portal. If the facility does not have an account already created, please go to www.njdeponline.com to create an account.
For facilities that require certification of their emission statement with more than one (1) Responsible Official or one (1) Individual with Direct Knowledge, please submit your emission statement through the USPS/courier services because submittals made through the NJDEP Online Service Portal will allow certification for just one (1) Responsible Official and one (1) Individual with Direct Knowledge.
The Emission Statement Program is once again granting an automatic one (1) month extension without an approved extension request for emission statements submitted through the NJDEP Online Service Portal. This means that any emission statement submitted through the NJDEP Online Service Portal will have until June 16, 2014 to submit the 2013 emission statement to NJDEP. For facilities submitting their 2013 emission statement through the USPS/courier services, the due date for the 2013 emission statement is still May 15, 2014. This means that for a facility submitting via the US Postal Service to receive the one (1) month extension, an extension request must be submitted to NJDEP by May 1, 2014 pursuant N.J.A.C. 7:27-21.9.
The Department wishes to call your attention to the following items when preparing your Emission Statement for reporting your 2013 emissions:
* With RADIUS version 4.0, please be aware that since a PDF of the entire emission statement is now created in the zipped file, larger facilities may notice that the 'Submit' function runs longer than it used to while creating the RADIUS file.
* Use the "Save as with different year" function under the Tools drop-down menu to create your 2013 emission statement from your existing 2012 emission statement.
* RADIUS 4.0 users can transfer only 'exported' emission statement files from one computer to another. You cannot import into RADIUS an emission statement that was saved using the 'Submit' function.
* Report the Source Details for insignificant combustion sources.
* Be sure that reported seasonal emissions correlate to seasonal process data. For example, reported seasonal CO emissions should include CO process data.
* For Title V facilities (major facilities), remember to report PM2.5, ammonia, CO2, and methane.
* For all facilities, remember to report any of the 36 applicable Toxic Air Pollutants (TAPs) emitted above the thresholds listed in Appendix K of the Guidance Document.
If you have any questions, please contact us at the Emission Statement helpline, (609) 984-5483, or via e-mail (email@example.com).
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and assistance.