TBAc Emissions Reporting
Pursuant to N.J.A.C.7:27-34, any person who manufactures TBAc or a product containing TBAc, within New Jersey; or manufactures a product containing TBAc for sale in New Jersey, shall submit a TBAc emissions report to the Department. The report must contain the following:
1. The name of the manufacturer;
2. The full mailing address of the manufacturer;
3. For an in-State manufacturing facility, the full street address of the facility where the product was manufactured;
4. The name, telephone number, and email address of a contact person;
5. The name, telephone number, and email address of the responsible official;
6. For each in-State manufacturer of TBAc or a product containing TBAc, the amount of
TBAc emissions in pounds per ozone-season day and pounds per year from the facility;
7. For each manufacturer of a product containing TBAc, the TBAc emissions in pounds
per ozone-season day and pounds per year from the use of the product in New Jersey;
8. The method used to estimate actual emissions, in accordance with N.J.A.C. 7:27-34.4;
9. The brand name of the product containing TBAc;
10. If the product containing TBAc is subject to the provisions of N.J.A.C. 7:27-16, 23, 24
or 26, the category to which the product belongs; and
11. If the product containing TBAc is not subject to the provisions of N.J.A.C. 7:27-23, 24
or 26, a description of the use for which the product is intended.
For more detailed information see the regulations at: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/aqm/rules.html
The emissions information shall be submitted electronically, unless electronic submission would impose hardship on the manufacturer, and the Department approves a request from the manufacturer to submit the information on paper.
The TBAc Emissions report shall be submitted as follows:
Annually to the Department by April 30 of the reporting year.
Any information submitted as part of the report shall not be claimed to be confidential.
The “Reporting Form”, shown below, must be filled out electronically and submitted electronically in accordance with N.J.A.C. 7:27-34. Preferably, the Department would like the form submitted by email to the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
or, the form may be put on computer diskette or CD-rom and mailed to:
Attn: TBAc Emissions Report
DEP-Air Quality Planning
401 East State Street, 2nd Floor
Mail Code 401-07H
P.O. Box 420
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0420
The “Certification Form”, shown below, must be filled out and submitted to the Department at the address shown above, along with a copy of the reporting form. No modifications or alterations to the Certification language will be accepted. Any TBAc Emissions “Reporting Forms” submitted without a completed paper certification will be determined as incomplete and returned to the facility. Penalties may result from failing to properly certify the return. The required form contains two tiers of certification separated into Section 1 and Section 2. Each is described below:
SECTION 1: The first tier is shown in Section 1 and requires certification by the responsible official. This term is defined at N.J.A.C. 7:27-1.4 which can be found at the following link: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/aqm/Sub1.doc
SECTION 2: The second tier is shown in Section 2 and requires certification by the individual or individuals (including any consultants) with direct knowledge of and responsibility for the information contained in the certified document.
TBAc Emissions Reporting Form
TBAc Emissions Certification Form
If you have any questions regarding this material, please contact Marcus Tutt of the Bureau of Evaluation and Planning at (609) 633-3839.