||Municipal Public Access Planning>DEP Review and Approval Process>Municipal Adoption, Reporting and Revisions
Municipal Adoption, Reporting and Revisions Process
A municipality which has received approval of a Municipal Public Access Plan
shall as a condition of the approval:
- Initiate action necessary to incorporate the Department-approved Municipal Public Access Plan into the municipality’s Master Plan;
- Notify the Department two weeks in advance of the dates and times of any scheduled public meetings on the Department-approved Municipal Public Access Plan. The Department shall post the meeting information on its website and notify by email individuals who have requested notice of applications for approval of Municipal Public Access Plans;
- Upon adoption of the Municipal Public Access Plan into the municipal Master Plan, provide the Department with a copy of an approved resolution incorporating the Department-approved Municipal Public Access Plan into the Master Plan; and
- Five years after the date of adoption of the Municipal Public Access Plan into the municipal Master Plan, and every five years thereafter, submit to the Department a report detailing:
- The status of all projects that have been undertaken in accordance with the Municipal Public Access Plan;
- All monies received into the municipality’s dedicated Public Access Fund and an accounting of all expenditures of those monies; and
- Any problems encountered in pursuit of the plan’s objectives and goals and proposed remedies to assure the objectives and goals of the plan are met.
Department review and approval is required before a municipality may make changes to an approved Municipal Public Access Plan that impact the location or type of access to be provided, or that institute or amend the terms of a contribution in lieu of an onsite public access requirement pursuant to (f) above. In support of a request to amend the approved plan under this subsection, the municipality shall submit to the Department the approved plan with the information specified in (e) above updated to reflect the proposed change. This submission shall detail how the proposed change affects the approved plan. The Department shall review and make a determination on the Municipal Public Access Plan amendment request in accordance with (i) above. Upon Department approval of the amended Municipal Public Access Plan, the municipality shall comply with (j) above.