Did You Know?
- By purchasing recycled products, consumers are helping to create
long-term stable markets for the recyclable materials that are collected
from New Jersey homes, businesses and institutions.
- The purchase of recycled products is crucial to the success of New
Jersey’s many recycling programs, as well as recycling in general
which has proven to be both an environmental and economic success story.
- The State of New Jersey purchases a variety of recycled products
for its government operations, including recycled copy paper, paper
towels, garbage bags, toner cartridges, antifreeze, traffic cones and
road construction aggregate.
- American businesses demonstrate their commitment to buying recycled
by purchasing billions of dollars of recycled content products annually.
- In addition to preserving natural resources and saving energy, recycling
employs almost 27,000 people in New Jersey and adds almost $6 billion
in annual receipts to our state’s economy.