||NJPDES Significant Industrial User
NJPDES Significant Indirect User (SIU) Permit
Below are some common permit application deficiencies:
- A statement of Consent (WQM-003) is not obtained from the
affected local authorities.
- Signatures on the NJPDES-001/Form L are not dated and original.
- An accurate process flow diagram with water balance (line
drawing) as required under item 3. of NJPDES-001/Form L is missing.
- Production information (if required under item 7 on NJPDES-001/Form
L) is not accurate or does not reflect any planned future activities
at the facility.
- Data for all required pollutants is not listed under items
10A, 10B, 10C, and 10D on NJPDES-001/Form L.
- Required attachments under items 11, 12, and 13 of NJPDES-001/Form
L are not included.
- Applicable Federal Categorical Pretreatment standards are
- A Sewer Use Ordinance, identifying local effluent limits or
agreements with the receiving local authority, is not included.
- Proof that the proposed project is consistent with the applicable Water Quality Management Plan (WQMP)is missing. Consistency Determinations are issued by the Office of Land and Water Planning (609-633-1179). Written proof of Consistency Determination issued by WQMP by should be submitted to Permit Administration Section.
- Local Notice - Evidence of Permit Application Submission to the Affected Sewerage Entity(ies) and Municipality are not submitted. Should include copies of mail return receipts or other means of verification of receipt.
Nilesh Naik, Bureau of Pretreatment and Residuals - (609) 633-3823
Gary Torres, Bureau of Pretreatment
and Residuals - (609) 633-3823
Permit Administration Section (609)984-4428