NJPDES Monitoring Report Forms (MRFs)
Monitoring Report Forms (MRFs) consist of three form types, DMRs or Discharge Monitoring Report forms; RTRs or Residual Transfer Report forms; and WCRs or Waste Characterization Report forms.
MRFs are used for the routine reporting of influent and effluent monitoring data for NJPDES/DSW, NJPDES/DST, NJPDES/SIU, and NJPDES/DGW permits. MRFs are also used for the routine reporting of residuals quality and quantity data as required by the Sludge Quality Assurance Regulations (N.J.A.C. 7:14C) as well as for submitting compliance monitoring data for NJPDES/Residuals permits.
MRFs can be submitted via paper or they may be submitted electronically through the Department's Online Portal - NJDEP Online. See below for details.
Do's and Don'ts of MRFs
- Do not change the monitoring period on the form. If you feel it is wrong contact the Permit Administration Section.
- Do not change any addresses on the form. To change any of the addresses on the forms, complete either an Administrative Update Form, or a Transfer of Permit Form.
- Do not attach any lab results. Lab results should stay at the facility.
- Do not attach a cover letter. We strive to use as less storage space as possible. Cover letters take up more file space. So unless you have an unusual occurance or comments you feel are necessary to put in writing, we do not need a cover letter with the forms.
- Do make sure the MRF is signed and dated.
- Do make sure the form is complete filled in. Leaving blanks on the form will cause a reporting violation. See the NJPDES Monitoring Report Form Manual for guidance.
For more information, please call the Permit Administration Section at 609-984-4428.
Electronic Submission of Monitoring Report Forms (EDI)
If you want electronic acknowledgement of submitted forms, indication of entry errors before submission, accessibility to archived forms, errorless transmission of submitted data and no postage fees, now is the time to participate in the electronic submission program.
The department has been offering electronic submittal of MRFs since April 2003. For a quick look at how it works and what you need to get started, please view the below Power Point presentations.
To sign up please visit the NJDEP Online web site. If you have any questions please contact Julio Collazo or Debbie Esposti at (609) 984-4428 or send us an email at NJPDES_EDI_SIGNUP@dep.nj.gov.
NJDEP Record Access Program
DEP Data Miner