Instructions For Completing The Periodic Compliance Certification Spreadsheet
Once you are logged onto DEP Online, go to the Documents and Forms tab. Under the Air Program, click on the Excel icon for the Periodic Compliance Certification Spreadsheet to download and save a blank copy of the spreadsheet to your computer. You can also download the spreadsheet without logging on to DEP Online at: https://www9.state.nj.us/DEP_RSP/Orchestrate.do?initiate=true&orchestrationId=Core-Documents
Once this spreadsheet has been completed in accordance with the below instructions, you must log onto DEP Online and select the Periodic Compliance Certification service to submit the spreadsheet to the NJDEP.
This worksheet is used to validate and lock the spreadsheet after it has been completed. Upon completion of the spreadsheet, navigate to the Validation Tab and click the “Validate” button. After clicking “Validate”, any validation issues will be displayed. If validation issues appear, you must make corrections to the spreadsheet as directed, return to the Validation Tab, and click “Validate” again. Repeat this process until you do not receive any validation issues. Next, click the “Lock” button to lock the spreadsheet. Once locked, the spreadsheet can be uploaded to the Department’s NJEMS central file.
Facility Info and Cert Status Tab:
1. Facility Name: Enter the
2. Program Interest Number: Enter the Program Interest (PI) number for which the Title V annual certification is being submitted. The Program Interest Number is a five-digit facility identification number assigned by the Department, which can be found on your approved operating permit.
3. Submittal Type: Choose Submittal Type, by clicking the corresponding radio button. Note - “combined” refers to a submittal covering both the 2nd Half Semi-Annual Deviation Report, and the Annual Compliance Certification.
4. Is this a Revision?: In Section 4, select “yes” if this is a re-submittal, otherwise select “no”.
5. Reporting Year: Enter the year for which you are reporting. Note that for Annual Compliance Certs., electronic submittals are only available to facilities reporting on a calendar year basis. If your operating permit requires submittal of Annual Compliance Certs. 60 days from the anniversary of the initial approval date, you must continue to submit Annual Compliance Certs. on paper forms (100, 100A, and 100B).
Paper forms can be found here: http://www.nj.gov/dep/enforcement/annualcomplreports.htm
6. Due Date: This field should auto-populate based on your previous selections.
7. Reporting Period: These fields should auto-populate based on your previous selections.
Semi-Annual Deviation Reports: Choose selection “f”.
Annual Compliance Certifications: Compliance Status for the Reporting Period. Click the radio button corresponding to the statement indicating the facility’s status for the reporting period. Read all five statements thoroughly and choose the one that best reflects the facility’s compliance throughout the reporting period. If your facility did not comply with all applicable requirements in the operating permit continuously throughout the reporting period, regardless if the facility has returned to compliance, DO NOT select statement “a”.
Continuous Compliance Summary Tab - Section IIIa Summary of Facility and Emission Unit Compliance Status:
This Section is used to document the compliance status of all Emission Units/Batch Processes during the reporting period.
Annual Compliance Certs. and Combined 2nd Half Semi-Annual Deviation Report/Annual Compliance Certs.:
1. Permit Activity ID: Enter the Permit Activity ID. This ID is listed on your approved operating permit and consists of the letters “BOP” followed by 5 digits. i.e. “BOP080001”. Note that you may have had more than one Operating Permit in effect during the period for which you are reporting. If this is the case, all Permit Activity IDs in effect during the reporting period must be listed.
2. Emission Unit/Batch Process: Section IIIa must include each Subject Item included for each Operating Permit that was in effect during the reporting period.
Under this column, fill in each Subject Item listed in the associated operating permit. Enter only one Subject Item per row. For each Subject Item you will be certifying compliance for all requirements listed under that Unit. If you have any insignificant Sources (IS) with requirements, you must also list them in this section. Note: You don’t have to list each step for Batch Process, but the certification does include all step requirements.
3. Continuous Compliance During Reporting Period:
You must select Continuous Compliance for each Subject Item for which you are certifying continuous compliance by using the dropdown menu to select “yes” or “no” to indicate whether or not the Subject Item was in continuous compliance during the reporting period.
Semi-Annual Deviation Reports:
Section IIIa is optional for Semi-Annual Deviation Report submittals. If you wish to list Emission Unit/Batch Process information for Subject Items in a semi-annual deviation report, please see above instructions for Annual Compliance Certs., and Combined 2nd Half Semi-Annual Deviation Report/Annual Compliance Certs. Otherwise this section can remain blank.
Deviation Compliance Summary Tab - Section IIIb Summary of Facility and Emission Unit Compliance Status:
This section is used to enter details of deviations that occurred during the reporting period.
1. Permit Activity ID: Permit Activity ID: Enter the Permit Activity ID associated with the requirement for which you are reporting a deviation. This ID is listed on your approved operating permit and consists of the letters “BOP” followed by 5 digits. i.e. “BOP080001”. Note that you may have had more than one Operating Permit in effect during the period for which you are reporting.
2. Subject Items(s): Use these columns to enter the Subject Item(s) from the Operating Permit for the deviation(s) you are reporting.
3. Requirement Reference #: Enter the referenced # for the deviation(s) you are reporting.
4. Requirement Type: Select the requirement type for the deviation(s) you are reporting.
5. Description: Briefly describe the deviation.
6. Compliance Status at the End of the Reporting Period: Select “In” or “Out” to indicate compliance status at the end of the reporting period with regard to the deviation(s).
7. Was this Deviation Intermittent or Continuous Throughout the Reporting Period?: If the deviation was ongoing throughout the entire reporting period select “continuous”. Otherwise select “intermittent”.
8. Deviation Notification/Department Response Status: Note - more than one selection may apply, user can select multiple items from the drop-down menu.
Compliance Report: Select “Compliance Report” if you have previously submitted information relative to the deviation to the Department in a compliance report. (i.e. EEMPR). If “Compliance Report” is selected, you will be required to add information under the column labeled “Compliance Report Type”. Note that if “Compliance Report” is selected, Columns “P” (Recurring Deviation of Requirement) through “X” (Comments) on this Tab are optional.
DEP Addressed with ENF Action: Select “DEP Addressed with ENF Action” if you have received an enforcement action (i.e. NOV, AONOCAPA) from the Department for the deviation you are reporting. If “DEP Addressed with ENF Action” is selected, you will be required to enter the EA Activity Number under the column labeled “Enforcement Action Activity Number”
Notification: Select “Notification” if you have previously notified the Department of the deviation. If Notification is selected, the user will be required to enter the CC# or reported date under the column labeled “Communication Center Notification Number or Reported Date”.
9. Compliance Report Type: If “Compliance Report” was selected under the “Deviation Notification/Department Response Status” column, you are required to enter information in this field. Use this field to specify the type of report the deviation was reported under (i.e. EEMPR).
10. Enforcement Action Activity Number: If “DEP Addressed with ENF Action” was selected under the “Deviation Notification/Department Response Status” column, you are required to enter information in this field. Use this field to enter the EA# (i.e. PEA080001).
12. Recurring Deviation of Requirement: If the deviation occurred on multiple dates throughout the reporting period select “yes”. Otherwise select “no”.
13. List all Deviation Dates or
14. Deviation Discovery Date: Enter the date on which you first became aware of the deviation.
15. Affirmative Defense Requested?: Select “yes” or “no” to indicate whether or not you asserted affirmative defense to liability for the deviation.
16. Did the Deviation Result in Excess Emissions? Select “yes” or “no” to indicate whether or not the deviation resulted in excess emissions.
17. Estimate the Amount of Emissions Below: Select contaminant as appropriate. If excess emissions can be calculated, fill in the approximate amount of excess emissions in lbs.
18. Describe the steps taken to correct the problem: Enter text in this field as appropriate.
19. Comments: Enter comments as appropriate.
Printing for submittal to EPA
To print the spread sheet deviations tab for submittal of a paper copy of the Annual Certification to EPA:
1. In My Workspace, in the My Services - Submitted section, Click on the icon in the Summary column for the Annual Certification service you wish to print.
2. Select Printer Friendly version link, this will bring up a printable version of the two part Certification. Print this page and sign next to your name for both certifications. After printing close the printer friendly webpage.
3. In the Service Summary Page, while holding the CTRL key click the link under the Specific Registration Information to upload the spreadsheet. Continue holding down the CTRL key until the pop-up appears. You may have to hold down the CTRL key while selecting open or save on the pop up window.
Print the Facility Info and Cert Status tab and the Continuous Compliance Summary tab.
Go to the Deviation Summary tab (instruction for Excel 2003. Excel 2007-2010 will be different).
1. Go to File > Page Setup > Page Tab, Select Landscape.
2. If you have the ability, select 8.5 x 14 (Legal Size) paper.
3. Under Scaling, you can also select Adjust to: and enter 90 %
Steps 2 and 3 will allow the Deviation Summary tab to fit on three pages, instead of 5 pages.
4. Go to File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab and check ‘Row and Column Headings'.
This will allow each page of the Deviation Summary tab to be properly aligned for review by EPA.
5. Go to File > Print Preview, adjust margins as you wish.