New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife
DEER SEASONS EXTENDED IN SOME ZONES
January 21, 2000
The 1999-2000 Deer Shotgun Permit Season and Winter Bow Season have been extended through Saturday, February 12, in portions of central and northern New Jersey. This action is in response to complaints from the agricultural community, including the State Board of Agriculture, the Hunterdon County Board of Agriculture and various local communities with excessive damage to agricultural crops due to an over abundance of deer and an inadequate harvest of deer in the area.
- Hunting seasons Extended - Shotgun Permit and Winter Bow
- Extended seasons dates: January 31 through February 12, 2000
- Deer Management Zones 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 36, 41, 50 and 51 ONLY
- Checking deer - All deer must be taken to a deer check station located within the zones open for the extended seasons.
- All other current regulations/requirements apply, including daily and season bag limits, method of take, permits, tagging, etc.
- Permits available for all zones listed above except for Zone 51.