New Jersey Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife
DEER CHECK STATION CLOSURES/ADDITIONS IN BURLINGTON,
CUMBERLAND & SALEM COUNTIES
October 28, 1998
For more information contact:
Andrew Burnett at 609-748-2063
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection's Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife announces important deer check station closures and additions in Burlington, Cumberland and Salem counties for the 1998-99 deer seasons. Hunters are reminded that they should check in their deer at the station closest to the harvest location.
Deer check station closures include:
Deer check station additions include:
- Gerber's Market, 876 Rt. 206 in Shamong, Burlington County. Instead, hunters may take their deer to Atco Sports in Atco, Mike's Sporting Goods in Hainesport, Nesco Package Goods in Nesco or Nixon's General Store in Tabernacle during all six of the deer seasons.
- Fogg's Gun Shop on Pointers-Auburn Rd. in Mannington, Salem County. Instead, hunters may take their deer to Tadmor Tackle in Alloway (during all six of the deer seasons) or The Outdoor Experience in Sharpstown (throughout all six deer seasons except during the Six-Day Firearm season when deer will be checked in Tuesday - Saturday only, Dec. 8-12 and Permit Shotgun Season when deer will be checked in Dec. 17-18 and Jan. 9-30 only).
- Niblock's Packing House on Jericho Rd. in Quinton, Salem County. Instead hunters may take their deer to Tadmor Tackle in Alloway or Joe and Sandi's Country Store in Canton during all six of the deer seasons.
- King's Bait and Tackle, 379 Lakehurst Rd. in Browns Mills, Burlington County. King's will be operating as a deer checking station during the 1998 Fall Bow and Permit Bow seasons ONLY.
- Maurice River Sports Center, 329 West Main St. in Millville, Cumberland County. The Sports Center will be open to check in deer during the 1998 Fall Bow and Permit Bow seasons ONLY.