Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP).
If you have any questions about our employment process contact Lori Worth 609-984-7319. If you are a veteran and would like more information regarding civil service veterans’ preference, please visit the NJ Civil Service Commission Veteran's Preference website.
E-mail us your resume HRResumes@dep.nj.gov. Please Note: To apply for a current announcement you must follow the directions within that individual posting.
Government Jobs can also be found on the Civil Service Commission Home Page.
New Jersey Residency Requirements
All employees of State and local government must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under the law.
Notice of Vacancy
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # LUR I 2015-1 – Apply by February 24, 2016
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # LUR C 2015-2 – Apply by February 24, 2016
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # LUR C 2015-3 – Apply by February 24, 2016
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # LUR U 2015-4 – Apply by February 24, 2016
- Research Economist 1 Posting # AQES03-2016 – Apply by February 16, 2016
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # WRM15-002 – Apply by February 12, 2016
- Personnel Trainee Posting # HRO-01-2016 – Apply by February 11, 2016
- Project Manager, Data Processing Posting # MP 003-2015 – Apply by February 9, 2016
- Communications Operator Trainee Posting # MP002-2015 – Apply by February 5, 2016
- Environmental Services Trainee Posting # SRWMP 2016-03 – Apply by February 5, 2016
- Secretarial Assistant 3 N/S Posting # SRWMP 2016-02 – Apply by February 5, 2016
- Environmental Engineer Trainee Posting # LUR U 2015-5 – Apply by February 4, 2016
- Park Service Summer Seasonal Employment Opportunities
- Fish & Wildlife Hourly Employment Opportunities
NOTE: all DEP Notices of Vacancy have a 4:00 p.m. deadline on the closing date.
When filing for these opportunities, please be sure to have your letter of interest
and credentials sent electronically before 4 p.m. on the closing date.
AmeriCorps Service Opportunity
- AmeriCorps New Jersey Watershed Ambassadors Recruitment Page
The goal of the 20 Ambassadors hired each year is to spread the message of protecting our streams, lakes and ocean from pollution caused by our daily activities. This is done through presentations to school children and community groups, field assessments and training individuals in visual and biological monitoring. The ambassadors are required to serve 1700 hours during their term of service and receive a living allowance and an educational award upon completion.
The Department of Environmental Protection maintains a resume pool of intern candidates throughout the year that is used to recruit college and graduate student interns for the unpaid internships listed on this webpage. This resume pool is also consulted by program areas that may have an internship project that is not posted on this webpage. To have your resume included in the resume pool, please complete the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Non-Paid Internship Application (PDF) and attach a resume and send it to Melissa Pocino.