GENERAL PERMIT 16 – Minor Maintenance Dredging in Man-Made Lagoons
General Permit 16 authorizes minor maintenance dredging in man-made lagoons, provided:
- The volume of the material to be dredged does not exceed 100 cubic yards;
- The proposed depth does not exceed 6’ below mean low water;
- Dredged material is placed on an upland site and is stabilized;
- The proposed slope from the waterward edge of any wetlands to the nearest edge of the dredged area does not exceed three horizontal to one vertical; and
- The proposed depth does not exceed the water depth outshore of the dredged area.
Full details are provided at N.J.A.C.7:7-6.16
If your project does not meet the requirements of the General Permit 16, it may qualify for another General Permit, Permit-by-rule, or an Individual Permit. Additional information on these permit types can be found on the Coastal Permitting page.