This permit is associated with the construction of a roadway across a regulated water, for agricultural purposes on an active farm, which has been approved by and will be performed under the supervision of the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service and/or local soil conservation district.
For application requirements, procedures, documents, fees, etc., please see N.J.A.C. 7:13-8.1(c) through (e).
The proposed activity must comply with the following, in order to qualify for this general permit:
- Construction in the channel is minimized and unset or raw cement is not allowed to come into contact with water in the channel during construction;
- If the crossing is accomplished with a culvert, the culvert is stabilized with headwalls that have footings which extend at least three feet below grade, and which will prevent the culvert from displacement during the flood hazard area design flood;
- If the crossing is accomplished with a bridge, the bridge is constructed with abutments that have footings which extend at least three feet below grade, and which will prevent the bridge from displacement during the flood hazard area design flood;
- The proposed roadway surface and all embankments are designed to remain stable during the flood hazard area design flood;
- The perpendicular path of disturbance through the riparian zone is no more than 25 feet in width; and
- It is clear to the Department from a visual inspection of submitted drawings that the proposed roadway crossing will not increase flooding offsite;
This page is for informational purposes only. Please see N.J.A.C. 7:13-8.5 for the precise rules concerning this General Permit.
Getting a Flood Hazard General Permit Number 2c: If you believe that your project qualifies for an FHA GP2c and you do not know how to apply for one, we suggest that you visit “The Permit Process” section of this website for more information. You will get a general overview of the ins and outs of the permitting process and will also be directed to the necessary forms you will need. Please be advised that any application submitted must follow the procedures and information requirements.
Note: The Department has, for your convenience, developed an Application Checklist for all Flood Hazard General Permits. Please follow carefully the requirements as outlined on the checklist for FHA GP2c to insure that you have all the required information necessary to complete and process your application.
A direct link to the rules cited in our standard approval letter for this General Permit can be found below.
N.J.A.C. 7:13-8.2 FHA General permit 2
N.J.A.C. 7:13-8.1 Standards applicable to all general
N.J.A.C. 7:13-8.2 “General Permit Conditions”
N.J.A.C. 7:13 - Index to the entire rule.
Please Note: The Department has made every effort to ensure that the text of this regulation is identical to the official, legally effective version set forth in the New Jersey Register. However, should there be any discrepancies between the text on this web site and the official version of the rule, the official version will govern. For more information on obtaining official versions of the rules, How To Get a Paper Copy of Department Rules
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not see an answer to your question below, please use the Land Use Contact form on this website. We will make every attempt to answer your question as promptly as possible.
No FAQ for this general permit at this time.