There are often things going on here at Land Use that businesses and citizens should be aware of. Our News and Notices page provides information on more then news. Information on topics from public hearings to rule changes will appear as they are announced. If there is is something new, that's where it will appear first.
Here are some of the latest postings:
- 5/31/13 On-Line Tidelands License Renewal Service available June 1st, 2013
- 5/31/13 Freshwater Wetlands Mitigation Council will meet on July 24, 2013
- 5/13/13 Commissioner extends deadline for public entities to submit project inventories for approval under AO #2012-13
- 4/16/13 Emergency Adoption of New Coastal Permit Program Rules, April 16, 2013
- 2/5/13: 2013 Protocols for the Establishment of Exceptional Resource Value Wetlands Based on Endangered or Threatened Species Documentation
- 1/24/13 Emergency Flood Hazard Area Regulations Adopted to Guide Rebuilding from Sandy
Please go to the News and Notices page for full details on each of these topics.
More information on the waiver rule can be found on the Waiver Rule Webpage.
The Division supports the development of renewable energy projects in an effort to limit dependence on non-renewable energy sources. We recommend and encourage that, wherever possible, construction of these projects be sited within developed areas of the State to limit impact to the State's natural environment. When projects are sited in Special Areas, there are requirements for Department review of the application that must be followed. If you are considering such a project, please check out our pages on Solar Panels and Wind Turbines for more information.