Compliance with Division of Land Use Regulation (DLUR) permits is determined and monitored by the Department’s Bureau of Coastal and Land Use Compliance and Enforcement (CLUE).
CLUE is divided into three regional offices which also investigate and respond to reports of possible violations of New Jersey land use Laws including:
- The Freshwater Wetlands Protection Act N.J.S.A. 13:B-1 et seq
- The Flood Hazard Area Control Act N.J.S.A. 58:16A-52 et seq.
- The Highlands Water Protection and Planning Act, N.J.S.A. 13:20-1 et seq.
- The Coastal Area Facility Review Act N.J.S.A. 13:19-1 et seq.
- Waterfront Development Statutes N.J.S.A. 12:5-1 et seq.
- The Wetlands Act of 1970 N.J.S.A. 13:20-1 et seq.
- Riparian Land Statutes N.J.S.A. 12:13-1 et seq. and their corresponding promulgated rules.
When an unauthorized activity is identified, CLUE will issue an enforcement action to the responsible party which may require receipt of a DLUR permit, compliance with a DLUR permit, and/or site restoration. Enforcement cases are managed by CLUE staff until a resolution is reached.
|Stream and Wetlands before Restoration
||Stream and Wetlands after Restoration
If you believe that an unauthorized land use activity is occurring or has occurred, please notify the Department via the toll free 24-hour WARNDEP hotline, 1-877-927-6337. You can also notify CLUE directly by contacting the appropriate region office.
For more information regarding the Bureau of Coastal and Land Use Compliance and Enforcement please visit our website.