DEP Offers Free Calendar Highlighting Fall &
(04/118) Trenton -- State Environmental
Commissioner Bradley M. Campbell today announced the availability
of the Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP) fall
and winter Calendar of Events. Visitors and residents can
get the free publication at all state parks, forests, recreation
areas and historic sites. The calendar highlights hundreds
of events and activities for all ages through March 2005.
"I encourage families and friends to take advantage
of a variety of outdoor experiences and exciting activities
offered right here in New Jersey's state parks," said
Campbell. "In addition to the scenic beauty and deep-rooted
history already available at our recreational areas, there
are many programs to entertain, educate and enliven visitors.
Whether you want to attend harvest festivals, go on bird
walks, or take fall foliage hikes, there is something for
Special events include:
- Annual Lighthouse Challenge at Barnegat Lighthouse
and Twin Lights, Oct.16 and 17
- Haunted Hayrides at Belleplain State Forest, Oct. 21
- Shelter Building Wilderness Survival at Washington
Crossing State Park, Nov. 7
- Colonial Concerts at the Steuben House in River Edge,
Dec. 11, 12, 18, and 19
- Guided Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe Tours at High
Point State Park, Dec.- Feb.
- Mountain Biking Excursion at Cheesequake State Park,
- Grover Cleveland Birthday Celebration in Caldwell,
To view the calendar of events online, along with virtual
tours of state parks, forests and historic sites, visit
the DEP Web site at www.njparksandforests.org.
To order calendars by mail, call 1-800-843-6420. Text telephone
users can call NJ Relay Services at 1-800-852-7899.