State Park Service Opens Swim Areas Memorial Day
Kick off the summer season this Memorial Day weekend by visiting one
of New Jersey's state swimming areas located in state parks, forests,
and recreation areas beginning Saturday, May 26.
"We invite everyone to come out and enjoy our freshwater lakes or visit
the popular swimming areas at Island Beach State Park," said Department
of Environmental Protection (DEP) Commissioner Bob Shinn.
The DEP will operate the lake swimming areas seven days a week, Memorial
Day weekend through Labor Day, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (unless otherwise
posted). Swimming areas located at Island Beach State Park are open weekends
only, until June 9.
DESIGNATED SWIMMING AREAS
- Atsion Recreation Area, Wharton State Forest, Hammonton
- Bass River State Forest, New Gretna
- Belleplain State Forest, Woodbine
- Parvin State Park, Pittsgrove
- Hopatcong State Park, Landing
- Round Valley Recreation Area, Lebanon
- Spruce Run Recreation Area, Clinton
- High Point State Park, Sussex
- Ringwood State Park, Ringwood
- Stokes State Forest, Branchville
- Swartswood State Park, Swartswood
- Wawayanda State Park, Highland Lakes
- Cheesequake State Park, Matawan
- Island Beach State Park, Seaside Park (Ocean)
(Weekends only. Open 7 days a week starting June 9, 2001)
For a free copy of the New Jersey State Park Service's Spring and Summer
Calendar of Events 2000 or to purchase the Guide to New Jersey's State
Parks, Forests and Historic Sites, call 1-800-843-6420 or visit any Division
of Parks and Forestry site. Text telephone users can call NJ Relay Services
at 1-800-852-7899. Information is also available on the Division of Parks
and Forestry's web site: www.state.nj.us/dep/forestry/parknj/divhome.htm.