Tree City USA
The Tree City USA program recognizes communities that effectively manage their public tree resources and encourages the implementation of community tree management based upon four standards.
• An official tree board or department charged by ordinance to develop and administer a comprehensive community tree program for the care of trees on public property.
• A community tree ordinance designating a tree board or department and citing minimum standards for tree protection and maintenance.
• A comprehensive tree management program supported by $2 per capita per year and an annual work plan for tree management.
• An official Arbor Day ceremony and proclamation.
Tree Cities Receive
• A walnut plaque
• A Tree City USA flag
• Highway signs for community entrances
• Recognition on the Arbor Day Foundation website
Awards are presented at the official New Jersey State Arbor Day Ceremony.
Become a Tree City
To learn more about the program and apply to become a Tree City, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tree City USA is sponsored by the Arbor Day Foundation.