Craft Vendor Criteria & Restrictions
- The Fair is held rain or shine and there is no raindate. If dangerous weather conditions develop during the Fair, Parks management has the authority to close the fair at any time.
- All work must be original and the work of the vendor.
- No firearms or weaponry of any kind are allowed.
- Demonstration or active creation of craft items at the Fair (such as silhouette cutting, tatting, jewelry making, especially with historical techniques and tools) is welcome, as long as the process does not offer any hazard to the public, artisan or Park and you remove any and all detritus from the process. Please indicate on the application form if you wish to do so and what the process would involve for approval.
- Merchandise based upon the copyright or trademark of other (NFL, Disney, Warner Brothers, storybook characters, etc.) is expressly forbidden.
- Mass produced or imported items (buy-and-sell), items made from kits, patterns or commercial molds, flea market or antique items are not permitted.
- No rubber stamps, bulk items, or any other arts & craft supplies are to be offered for sale.
- No commercial wearing apparel, such as T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
- Pottery—including the design, firing and finishing—must be primarily the work of the vendor.
- Candles must be handcrafted; no commercial molds are to be used.
- No items created from preserved wildlife (taxidermy) or composed of materials from endangered species (both animal and plant). Items that include animal fur may not be accepted.
- Vendors may not sell raffle tickets or hold prize drawings for their merchandise or for non-profit fundraising activities.
- Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, display units and any other items necessary for setup, display and selling of their work. Vendors shall be liable for delivery, handling, erections and removal of their own displays and materials.
- Vendors must set up by 10:00 am sharp. They are not to break down prior to 5:00 pm.
- Parking and traffic will not be permitted in the Fair area from one hour before the Fair opens until fifteen minutes after the Fair closes. All loading and unloading must be planned around these hours and vehicles are to be removed to the vendor parking lot before the Fair opens.
- Electricity is NOT available.
- Vendors may not sublet or apportion space to anyone else.
- Vendors are not to bring pets to the fair.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed anywhere in the Park.
- No food sales permitted at craft vendor space.
- All goods shall be in keeping with the Fair’s family-oriented environment.
- Space assignments will be made after the vendor fees have been paid.
- Allotted booth size is approximately 10 ft. x 10 ft.
- Sales tax collection and payment will be the vendor’s responsibility.
- The NJ Division of Parks and Forestry retains the right and the responsibility to make final determinations as to the suitability of crafts for inclusion at the State History Fair based on originality, craftsmanship and acceptability, as well as the right to remove specific items or display booths. Vendors who do not meet the criteria may not be eligible for future fairs.
Return to Previous Screen