The Mount Pleasant State Off-Road Vehicle Park is open Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting.The park will permit ATV's, dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Validation of identification and current registration issued by the Motor Vehicle Commission in addition to proof of insurance is required. Non-residents must comply with registration and licensing laws of their state or county of residence and conspicuously display the number issued by the state or county of residence.
The Department is finalizing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit competitive bids to operate the new Off Road Vehicle State Park.
This property was acquired in November of 2011 from the former Mount Pleasant Sand and Gravel Pit off Route 610 in Woodbine, Cape May County. This property was a former 3/4 mile motor-cross track until it was converted into a paintball course in 2007. The terrain and course at this park is suited for beginner and intermediate-level off road vehicle users. The future private operator of the park will have the potential to expand the size of the course within the non-wetlands and threatened and endangered species acreage.
Requirements for the Use of an ATV in Park:
Participants will be required to comply with all Motor Vehicle Statutes (Title 39) including, but not
limited to the following:
1. ATV must be registered, display the registration number and the registration certificate (card) must be in their possession.
2. ATV must be insured and proof of insurance must be in their possession.
3. Age Restrictions:
a. No person under the age of 14 will be permitted to operate an ATV.
b. Persons less than 16 shall not operate an ATV with an engine capacity greater than 90 cubic centimeters.
c. A person less than 18 years of age shall not operate an ATV registered in this State unless the person has completed an ATV safety and training course and have in his/her possession a
certificate indicating successful completion of the course.
4. Mandatory ATV equipment required:
a. At least one headlight.
b. At least one taillight.
c. Brake system in good mechanical condition.
d. Reflector material of a minimum area of 16 square inches.
e. A muffler as supplied by the vehicle manufacturer without modification.
5. Mandatory riding equipment required:
a. A protective helmet approved for motorcycle use.
b. Motorcycle/ATV goggles (not required if wearing a full-face helmet with shield).
c. Long sleeve shirt and long pants.
d. Over the ankle type leather boots fully laced and tied.
e. Gloves, wrist guards and kneepads.
6. Accidents resulting in injury or death of any person or property damage must be reported to the New Jersey State Park Police. Please contact Trenton Dispatch at 1-800-WARNDEP. In case of an emergency, please contact 911.
Rules of the Off Road Vehicle Park:
1. All ATV riding is limited to the designated ATV track within the fenced area.
2. All safety gear must be worn at all times while operating an ATV.
3. Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult while on the premises. While the underage rider is on the track, parents and/or guardians must remain in the staging area.
4. Vehicles used to transport equipment, riders and guests must remain on the grounds at all times (no drop offs).
5. No reckless riding, including but not limited to, jumping, wheelies, donuts and double
6. Fueling or maintenance of vehicles is allowed in the staging area only.
7. This is a Carry In/Carry Out Park. Visitors must carry their trash home with them.