year, the NJ State Park Service hires approximately 600 people to
fill seasonal jobs from May through September. These jobs include:
- LIFEGUARDS (No experience
necessary-we train and obtain USLA Certification)
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE - Clear an area of trash, litter and debris, maintain grounds, buildings and/or piers and operate mowing equipment. Operation of power tools and equipment as permitted by the New Jersey Child Labor regulations NJAC 12:58.
- SEASONAL VISITOR SERVICE - Provide accurate information to visitors at various facilities throughout an area, report emergencies and direct traffic. Perform visual inspections of area facilities and grounds.
- SEASONAL NATURAL OR HISTORIC EDUCATOR - Conduct nature and/or historic tours. Assist in the preparation of public information materials, displays and programs. May demonstrate, perform and interpret craftwork under supervision.
- OFFICE WORKER - Greet visitors, provide public information, collect fees, issue permits and passes, operate office equipment, type, file and perform billing and payroll functions as needed.
2018 Seasonal Application
No experience is necessary. Salaries range from
$8.60 - $10.50 per hour. The minimum age for most positions is
16 years old.
For further information on employment with the
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, visit http://www.nj.gov/dep/jobs/.
Spend the summer enjoying the warmth of the sun
and the wonderful landscapes of New Jersey's state parks, forests
and recreation areas, while you enhance your resume in this admirable
public service. Learn valuable life skills such as responding to
emergency situations and administering first aid, CPR, AEDs and
Starting salary is $8.60 per hour. No previous
experience is required. Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Applicants under 18 years of age must have an official State Park
Service permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian to
participate in lifeguard testing.
Please click here for (Lifeguard Information Packet)
Administration & Procedures
State Operated Lake Beaches
State Operates Ocean Beaches
LIFEGUARD EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE
ANTICIPATED AT THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
Be sure to check the Lifeguard Information Packet for specific testing requirements.
CENTRAL NEW JERSEY:
| Check back for dates
Directions to Raritan Valley Community College:
Located 4 miles west of Somerville on Route 28. Interstate 287 to Route 78 West to Exit 26. Turn left onto Lamington Road. Proceed approximately 2 miles. College entrance will be on the left. Follow signs to parking lot #1. Pool is located in Physical Education building.
Island Beach State Park:
|Check back for dates
SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY
|Check back for dates
Directions to Ocean City Aquatic & Fitness Center:
From North: Garden State Parkway South to Exit 30; follow signs into Ocean City (about 4 miles); first light after bridge Bay Avenue turn right; proceed to 18th Street turn left; 1 block to Simpson Avenue, Aquatic Center on left.
From South: Garden State Parkway North to Exit 25; turn right on Route 623 East OR Route 9 North to Route 623 East; proceed 2 miles to first light after bridge Bay Avenue turn left; proceed to 18th Street turn right; 1 block to Simpson Avenue, Aquatic Center on left.
From West: Route 49 to Tuckahoe; turn right on Route 50 South; approximately 2.5 miles to traffic light intersection Route 631 turn left on Route 631 to Marmora (6 miles); Cross Route 9 - road becomes 623 East; proceed 2 miles to first light after bridge Bay Avenue turn left; proceed to 18th Street turn right; 1 block to Simpson Avenue; Aquatic Center on left.
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY:
|Check back for dates
Directions to Ramapo College:
Take Route 287 North to exit 58 (Route 202/Oakland). Turn left at the light at the end of the exit ramp and left again onto Route 202 North. Continue on Route 202 North through the next two traffic lights and go approximately five miles to the next traffic light. Campus entrance is on right. Pool is located in the Bill Bradley Sports and Recreation Center.
Directions to Kittatinny High School:
The school is located ½ mile east of County Route 627 on Halsey Myrtle Grove Road (County Route 626) or one mile northwest of County Route 519 on Route 626. County Route 626 intersects State Route 206 North of Newton, New Jersey.