Fort Mott was part of a coastal defense
system designed for the Delaware River in
the late 1800s. The fortifications seen today
at Fort Mott were erected in 1896 in anticipation
of the Spanish-American War. Today, visitors
can wander through the old batteries following
interpretive signs with detailed descriptions
of the fort. Just beyond the fortifications
is the Delaware River. The shoreline offers
good spots for walking and picnicking. The NJ
Coastal Heritage Trail Welcome Center
accommodates displays defining Fort Mott’s
place in history and the environment.
Below is a panoramic image. Left click and drag to move the picture left to right or up and down. To zoom in, place the cursor just above center and click. To zoom out, place the cursor just below center and click.
Here to View Photo Gallery