navigation bar
DEP Graphic  
Division of Parks and Forestry Graphic
njdep home parks home
virtual tours home parks home virtual tours home njdep home
 

 

The Wallace House was completed in 1776
as Hope Farm for John Wallace, a successful
Philadelphia merchant. General Washington
leased the house for use as his headquarters
during the Middlebrook Winter Encampment,
December 11, 1778, to June 3, 1779. The
house is one of the best and most original
examples of Georgian architecture in New
Jersey.

 

Below are a panoramic images. Left click and drag to move the picture left to right or up and down. To zoom in, place the cursor just above center and click. To zoom out, place the cursor just below center and click.

Click Here to View Photo Gallery
Video Tour
 
Real Media Player
 

bottom footer

parks and forestry: find a park | forestry | forest fire | natural lands | education | historic sites| historic preservation
department: njdep home | about dep | index by topic | programs/units | dep online
statewide: njhome | citizen | business | government | services A to Z | departments | search

Copyright © State of New Jersey, 1996-2004
Department of Environmental Protection
P. O. Box 402
Trenton, NJ 08625-0402

Last Updated: March 14, 2005

nj home citizen business government services a to z departments dep home contact dep privacy notice legal statement accessibility statement nj home