Appendix For New Jersey Examination/License Application
In order to evaluate your application, you must submit the following:
- A copy of your diploma or other proof that you completed at least a high school level education in the United States or its equivalent (such as, a G.E.D. or a foreign education that has been evaluated and deemed to be equivalent);
- Official radiography/radiation therapy school transcripts. (Foreign transcripts must be evaluated for equivalency to a United States credit and grading system.)
- Official course descriptions or course syllabi from the year(s) that you attended the program (Note: if you are a dental assistant, medical assistant, dentist or physician, you only need to submit descriptions or syllabi for radiography related courses);
- Official clinical education information from the school that includes: (a) the total number of clinical education hours completed; (b) a description of the school’s clinical competency evaluation process, grading requirements, and evaluation forms used by the school to evaluate students for competency; (c) the school’s list of required procedures that must be performed competently in order to graduate; and (d) the actual completed forms that were used in evaluating your competency (Note: if “d” is not available, the school must state the reason and submit other proof of your competency history); and
- If you have previous work experience in the category for which you are applying, within the last five years, submit such experience. Include letters of reference from employer(s) or supervisor(s) verifying work experience and attesting to your competency in performing those procedures which relate to the category for which you are applying.
All documents must be officially translated into English
All applications must be complete and received at least 45 days prior to a Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners (Board) meeting. Meeting dates can be found at www.nj.gov/dep/rpp/meetings.htm or by calling the Bureau of X-Ray Compliance.
Education Credentials Evaluation Services*
|International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
109 Barksdale Professional Building
Newark, DE 19711
|World Education Services, Inc.|
Bowling Green Station
PO Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
|Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
|Educated Choices LLC|
127 Inwood Avenue
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
|International Education Research Foundation
PO Box 3665
Culver City CA 90231-3665
|Globe Language Services, Inc|
198 Broadway Suite 1107
New York, NY 10007
|Josef Silny and Associates, Inc
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
*The above organizations that evaluate foreign credentials for United States equivalency is supplied for informational purposes only. Inclusion of this list does not imply endorsement or recommendation by the Department or Board. An organization not listed does not mean that the Department or Board has determined the organization unable to provide this service.