License Renewal Information
You can now renew your license On-Line!
We encourage you to renew on-line. Renewing on-line is secure, fast, and convenient. There is no additional charge to use this service. Payment Confirmation can be printed and presented to your employer as TEMPORARY proof of renewal until you receive your license in the mail.
You are eligible to renew on-line if you meet the following criteria:
- You are NOT reporting a name change;
Note: If you have to report a legal name change you may still renew on-line by following these instructions Click Here
- You have NOT been convicted of a crime of any state or Federal law. However, you may still renew on-line, if you previously reported your conviction to the Bureau and were deemed eligible to renew:
- You hold a valid American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or VISA credit card or can pay using “e-check” drawn from a US Bank Account.
If you do not meet all of the above, you must mail in your renewal application.
Licenses renewed by mail typically take up to 6 - 8 weeks to process.
for on-line renewal instructions,
Click here to go back to the online renewal system.
- To obtain a replacement renewal application:
All license renewal applications were mailed on or before October 1, 2012 and should be received no later than October 15, 2012. If it is past this date, please click here to obtain a replacement renewal application.
If your license expired before December 31, 2012 (e.g. 2010, 2008, etc), you will need to contact our office to renew your license. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org the following information: reason for your e-mail (renewing your past expired license), your name, current address, your license number or SS# and a phone number that you can be reached at during normal business hours. A renewal application will be generated and mailed to the address you provide.
- To verify the license status of any technologist:
Click here to verify license status of any radiologic technologist
- License Renewal FAQ’s
- My license is expiring or has expired but I am not working as a technologist in New Jersey, do I have to renew?
No, you only need to renew, if you are working in New Jersey as a technologist. You may allow your license to expire for no more than 5 years (Example: If your license expires on 12/31/12 it can remain expired until 12/31/17). Please note for nuclear medicine a license can be expired for no more than 3 years. If your license is expired for more than the number of years stated above, the license will be terminated. If you wish to be licnesed after your license is terminated, you will need to apply for a new license.
- I renewed my license, the specified time period has past, but the license expiration date has not yet updated to 12/31/2014 on the license verification report.
- If you renewed using the on-line system, please email email@example.com or call (609) 984-5890 and provide the following information: The on-line payment confirmation number, transaction date, your name as it appears on the report, license number and a phone number that we may contact you during business hours.
- If you renewed by mail, please fax a copy of the front and back of your cancelled check as proof of payment to the Bureau of X-Ray Compliance at (609) 984-5811. Please include your name as it appears on the report, license number and a phone number that we may contact you during business hours.
- I renewed my license, the license verification report shows the updated expiration date of 12/31/2014, but I have not received my license.
It can take up to fifteen days from the date that the license was printed (as displayed in the license verification report) to receive your license in the mail. If fifteen days have passed and you still have not received your license, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (609) 984-5890 and provide the following information: your name as it appears on the report, your current mailing address, your license number and a phone number that we may contact you during business hours. You will receive confirmation that a replacement license has been mailed.