Additional Environmental Education LinksAlliance for New Jersey Environmental Education (ANJEE)
The National Environmental Education and Training Foundation (NEETF)
The Environmental Education Training Partnership (EETAP)
NJ State Library's CyberDesk
EE-Link Environmental Education on the Internet
National Environmental Education Advisory Council
The Gateway to Educational Materials
The EE Link
EPA Region 2 Environmental Education Office
EPA National Environmental Education Office
EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff
New Jersey Commission on Environmental Education and Interagency Work Group
North American Association for Environmental Education
Federal Environmental Protection Agency - Environmental Education Office
National Assocation of Conservation Districts
State Education and Environment Roundtable
National Science Foundation - Environmental Research and Education
National Association for Interpretation
SEEDS - State Environmental Education Directory webSite
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
New Jersey Digital Library - Rutgers University Libraries
Sampling of Earth Day and Educational Sites for Children
Kids Domain: Earth Day
Planet Pals: The Story of Earth Day
Keeping Our Planet Green
DLTK's Earth Day Crafts for Kids
US EPA: Global Warming Kids Site
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network, U.S. Dept. of Energy: Kids' Stuff
National Environmental Education Documents and Resources
- United Nations Decade (2005 – 2014) of Education for Sustainable Development. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); 2005.
To review go to: http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.php-URL_ID=45432&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html .
- Setting the Standard, Measuring Results, Celebrating Successes – A Report to Congress on the Status of Environmental Education in the United States. The National Environmental Education Advisory Council; March, 2005.
To review or print this report go to: http://www.epa.gov/enviroed/pdf/reporttocongress2005.pdf.
- National Project for Excellence in Environmental Education. (The establishment of guidelines for the development of balanced, scientifically accurate and comprehensive environmental education programs that facilitate the teaching of most subject areas.) The North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE); 1993 – 2004.
To review or print these guidelines go to: http://naaee.org/pages/npeee/index.html.
- Environmental Education Materials – Guidelines for Excellence
- Excellence in EE – Guidelines for Learning (Pre-K – 12)
- Guidelines for the Preparation and Professional Development of Environmental Educators
- Nonformal Environmental Education Programs: Guidelines for Excellence
- Recommendations for Education For A Sustainable and Secure Future – A Report of the third National Conference on Science, Policy and the Environment. The National Council for Science and the Environment; Washington, D.C.; January 30 – 31, 2003.
To review or print go to: http://www.cnie.org/NCSEconference/2003conference/2003report.pdf.
- Complex Environmental Systems – Synthesis for Earth, Life and Society in the 21st Century; A 10-Year Outlook for the National Science Foundation. NSF Advisory Committee for Environmental Research and Education; January, 2003.
To review or print this report go to: http://www.nsf.gov/geo/ere/ereweb/acere_synthesis_rpt.cfm.
While some of these links go to US federal, state, or other governmental sites, others go to commercial, educational, or other non-governmental sites. The responsibility for the content and function of these sites belongs to sites' administrators.