Physical Connection Permit Online Processing
The online processing service will be implemented during the fall of 2014 such that permit renewals may be submitted online in 2015 as additional services on the Department’s“NJDEP Online” Online Business Portal. If you currently use the Portal you will be able to add these to your current profile and if you have not used the Portal you may find additional services that will benefit you.
The online permitting process will consist of two processes / services.
- Submission of the Quarterly Physical Connection Test Results by the Certified Tester. Available Fall 2014.
- Submission of the annual renewal application by the Permittee and online fee payment and download of the approved permit. Available beginning of 2015.
To facilitate the automatic approval of a permit renewal the results of the quarterly tests showing that all devices have been working correctly will need to be submitted by the Certified Tester in advance of the submission of the renewal application.
A service to allow a permittee to add a new device to an existing permit or apply for a new permit will not be available, but if an existing device is replaced as part of a repair or maintenance this is able to be reported.
An overview of the Online Permit Process can be obtained from our Overview of ePermitting document.
Prior to the submission of a Permit Renewal the Owner of the Facility needs to:
- Create a user account
- Obtain the rights to electronically approve the individuals who can on their behalf certify the application. This is done by completing and submitting the Facility Site Administrator application form to the Bureau of Water System Engineering.
- Ensure that the individuals that will be submitting the renewal application create their own user account and electronically submit their request for Responsible Official rights.
- As Facility Site Administrator you then approve their request. If the Responsible Official changes then you make the appropriate changes.
- Full details are in the Renewal Service Instructions.
As specific guidance documents are developed the appropriate links will be provided on this page. Therefore please check back periodically.
If you would like us to contact you by email as additional information and when the services are made available please email us.
To facilitate the submission of the Quarterly Test Results, the Department needs to maintain a database of the backflow prevention device testers that are certified to test the devices. Therefore effective December 2013 the Certifying Agencies shall submit electronically their list of Certified Testers using the following spreadsheet to email@example.com least once a year.