STATE OF NEW JERSEY
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING AND INSURANCE
IN THE MATTER OF THE FILING OF )
SEMI-ANNUAL REPORTS ON IN- ) ORDER
FORCE EXPOSURES BY LIABILITY )
LIMITS AND BY TERRITORY )
This matter having been opened by the Commissioner of the Department of Banking and Insurance ("Commissioner") pursuant to the authority granted in N.J.S.A. 17:1-15, 17:29A-1 et seq., 17:29D-1 et seq., 17:30E-14, 17:33C-2, 17:33C-5a and 39:6A-3.2 and all powers expressed or implied therein;
IT APPEARING that Order A99-162 was previously issued on November 23, 1999 in which various reporting obligations of private passenger automobile insurers were consolidated into one efficient time saving procedure; and
IT FURTHER APPEARING that the procedure first begun in A99-162 should be continued with the added requirement that insurers report on the total number of Split Limit Property Damage and all Combined Single Limits exposures by territory; and
IT FURTHER APPEARING that good cause exists to demonstrate that the Department needs this data on private passenger automobile insurance as set forth in the attached forms.
THEREFORE IT IS on this day of January 2001 ORDERED that:
1. All private passenger automobile insurers shall complete and file Form 1-2001 to Form 7-2001, attached hereto.
2. Insurers shall complete and file Form 1-2001 to Form 7-2001, as of June 30 and December 31, no later than the 31st day of the calendar month following each evaluation date.
3. This order supplements the provisions of Order A99-162, and adds two additional worksheets that incorporate the split liability limits data referenced in the current Order.
4. Reports shall be submitted to:
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
Office of Property and Casualty
Attention: Cliff Day
P.O. Box 325
Trenton, NJ 08625-0325
609-984-7310 extension 50433
5. Reports shall be submitted as an Excel spreadsheet and by one of the following media:
6. Data shall be provided on a spreadsheet which includes Form 1-2001 through Form 7-2001 for both standard and basic policies as indicated. All forms are available on a spreadsheet for insurer use by e-mail by contacting Cliff Day at cday @dobi.state.nj.us or by regular mail by contacting Cliff Day, New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, Office or Property and Casualty, P.O. Box 325, Trenton, NJ, 08625-0325.
__/s/ Karen L. Suter__
Karen L. Suter