When will license renewals occur?
Renewals for ALL non-mortgage licensees will be as of July 1, 2015. It is expected that licensees will be notified about the renewal process no later than April of 2015. Licenses must be renewed prior to June 30, 2015.
Will there be a license renewal fee for the biennial renewal in July of 2015?
All non-mortgage licensees will pay NO FEE to renew licenses. License renewals will be required to be processed electronically using the Banking Online Services feature. Paper renewals will NOT be available. For information about signing up for Banking Online Services CLICK HERE.
Do applications for new licenses require a fee?
Yes. All new applications – those for new businesses and new branch offices – require the payment of a non-refundable application fee.
How much is non-refundable application fee?
The non-refundable application fee is $500 for each new license.
What must an insurance premium finance company do to:
1) Change a licensed business address?
Note: There is NO FEE to change a business address
2) Change a licensed business name?
- Complete the Change of Legal Name form
- Enclose a copy of the amended Certificate of Incorporation, if a corporation; a copy of amended certificate of formation, if a limited liability company; a copy of amended or new trade name certificate if a partnership or sole proprietorship; an amended Certificate of Authority to do Business in New Jersey if a foreign corporation
- Return the above items to the Licensing Services Bureau, NJDOBI
Note: There is NO FEE to change a business name or to add a new doing business as or trade name
3) Obtain a duplicate license?
- Request and complete a lost license affidavit
- Return this affidavit to the Licensing Services Bureau, NJDOBI
Note: There is NO FEE to obtain a duplicate license or registration certificate.