Delaware • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
New York • United States of America
The Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC), a federal-interstate water resource management agency, currently has one employment opportunity:
- Water Resource Engineer/Planner (Please note that submissions from interested, qualified candidates must be received by 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 18, 2016)
Water Resource Engineer/Planner
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
GRADE: E16 - E18
SALARY RANGE: $48,450 – $82,400
BRANCH: Water Resource Management
SECTION: Water Resource Planning
SUPERVISED BY: Manager, Water Resource Planning
The Commission is seeking a Water Resource professional with a background in engineering, planning or science to work in the Water Resource Planning Section. Duties will include:
- Support the development and functionality of the Commission’s integrated relational database by routinely updating with new water resource data, developing and executing queries, and enhancing functionality where applicable;
- Analyze long-term water availability in the Delaware River Basin (Basin) by gathering, organizing, and evaluating current research and available data. Help research and develop data analysis tools;
- Analyze existing water demands, project population, and other sector specific growth, and estimate future water demands. Analyze data and prepare reports for various water use sectors;
- Prepare GIS-based evaluations and associated graphics.
- Research, document, and categorize the existing operational requirements imposed by the Commission in order to help facilitate long-term water supply planning scenarios;
- Track and evaluate wastewater discharge data to support permitting, compliance and planning efforts;
- Support the review, notification, and evaluation of certain periodic reports and/or submittals related to water withdrawals and wastewater discharges;
- Track and evaluate water auditing data to support permitting, compliance, and water conservation efforts throughout the Basin;
- Participate in the development of various watershed management plans, for the protection of water quality and natural resources of the Basin; and
- Represent the Commission in various watershed initiatives throughout the Basin.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or a related discipline is required.
Experience: Candidates must have at least two years of experience in the water resources field. A Master’s degree may substitute for experience on a year-by-year basis. Familiarity and expertise with the following technologies is preferred: MS SQL server, MS Access, MS Excel, and ESRI ArcGIS. Experience with relational database management is a plus, including: SQL script writing, VBA, Python, ArcPy, and statistical software packages such as R.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Submit resume and salary history:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred); or
By mail to Richard C. Gore, Director, Finance and Administration, Delaware River Basin Commission, 25 State Police Drive, P.O. Box 7360, West Trenton, NJ 08628
Submissions for the Water Resource Engineer/Planner position must be received by
5:00 p.m., Friday, November 18, 2016