Delaware • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
New York • United States of America
The Delaware River Basin Commission held its regularly scheduled business meeting on Wednesday, June 15, 2016. A public hearing was held on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. Hearing items included the draft dockets for the withdrawals, discharges, and other water-related projects subject to the commission's review (listed below) and three resolutions (denoted by *). Written comments on matters scheduled for hearing on May 11 were accepted through the close of business (5 p.m.) on May 12. Both the public hearing and business meeting were open to the public and held at the Washington Crossing Historic Park Visitor Center, 1112 River Road, Washington Crossing, Pa.
Below is the business meeting agenda, with links to the dockets approved and to the resolutions passed (items are added as they become available).
The commission's public hearing was held on Wednesday, May 11, 2016. The business meeting was held on Wednesday, June 15, 2016. Both the hearing and business meeting were open to the public and held at the Washington Crossing Historic Park Visitor Center, 1112 River Road, Washington Crossing, Pa.
The public hearing on May 11, 2016 ran from 1:30 p.m. until about 2:00 p.m. Hearing items included three resolutions and the draft dockets for the withdrawals, discharges, and other water-related projects subject to the commission's review (listed below). The open public comment session on May 11 ran from approximately 2:00 p.m. until about 2:05 p.m.
The business meeting on June 15, 2016 ran from 10:30 a.m. until approximately 11:15 a.m.; there was an additional open public comment session, which ran from 11:25 a.m. until approximately 12:25 p.m.
The agenda for the business meeting follows. Items heard at the May 11, 2016 public hearing are noted as such by a *.
A. Minutes. (P. Bush) (The minutes from the March 16, 2016 DRBC business meeting were approved by unanimous vote; pdf 246 KB)
- Upcoming Advisory Committee Meetings. (P. Bush)
C. Hydrologic Report. (A. Shallcross)
D. Executive Director’s Report. (S. Tambini)
E. General Counsel’s Report. (K. Warren)
F. Resolutions. (T. Fikslin, P. Bush, R. Gore, K. Najjar) Resolutions 1-6 were approved by unanimous vote by the commissioners.
- *Resolution to Adopt Procedural Guidelines for Certain Determinations Made Pursuant to the Commission's Water Quality Regulations. (pdf 226 KB; T. Fikslin, P. Bush)
- *Resolution Approving the Commission’s Annual Current Expense and Capital Budgets for the Fiscal Year (FY) Ending June 30, 2017. (pdf 97 KB; R. Gore) FY 17 Current Expense and Capital Budgets (pdf 339 KB)
- *Resolution to Apportion Among the Signatory Parties the Amounts Required for Support of the Current Expense and Capital Budgets for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017. (pdf 92 KB; R. Gore; view FY 17 Budget at above link)
- Resolution for the Minutes to Amend the Administrative Manual By-Laws, Management and Personnel by Revising the Schedule and Criteria for Administering Annual Performance Increases. (pdf 200 KB; R. Gore)
- Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Enter into a Professional Services Contract for the Development of a Data Management Tool for Water Supply Planning Simulations. (pdf 128 KB; K. Najjar)
- Resolution for the Minutes Providing for the Election of Commission Officers (U.S. – Chair, PA – Vice Chair, NJ – 2nd Vice Chair. (pdf 7 KB; P. Bush)
G. *Project Review Docket Applications. (D. Kovach) All dockets subject to public hearings on May 11, 2016 were approved unanimously by the commissioners on June 15, 2016 and are pdfs. Please note that at each of its public meetings, the commission may consider action on any item for which a hearing has been completed or may defer one or more such items for consideration at a public meeting of the commission on a future date.
View docket location map (pdf 630 KB).
- Deposit Village (NY), wastewater treatment plant, D-1974-057 CP-4.
- Pen Argyl Municipal Authority(PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1975-028 CP-4.
- Exide Technologies (PA), industrial wastewater and stormwater treatment plants, D‑1976-097-4.
- NRG REMA, LLC – Titus Generating Station (PA), facility operations, D-1987-026 CP-4.
- Pennsylvania Utility Company (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-1989-033 CP-4.
- Richland Borough (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-1992-001 CP-3.
- Delaware County Regional Water Quality Control Authority (DELCORA) (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1992-018 CP-3.
- Bart Golf Club, Inc. (PA), surface water withdrawal, D-1992-024-3.
- Village of Monticello (NY), surface water and groundwater withdrawal and service area expansion, D-2001-005 CP-2.
- Buena Borough Municipal Utilities Authority (NJ), interbasin groundwater withdrawals, D-2002-037 CP-2.
- Green Walk Trout Hatchery, Inc. (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-2006-008-2.
- Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-2006-019-4.
- Central Wayne Regional Authority (PA), wastewater treatment plant and service area expansion, D-1986-009 CP-4.
- Pennsylvania American Water Company (PA), Marcel Lakes wastewater treatment plant, D-1990-028-2.
- Exeter Township (PA), wastewater treatment plant, D-1992-003 CP-2.
- Lower Township Municipal Utilities Authority (NJ), interbasin groundwater withdrawals, D-1994-021 CP-3.
- Superior Water Company (PA), groundwater withdrawal, D-2001-015 CP-5.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) (NJ), groundwater extraction and treatment system, D-2015-022 CP-1.