Educator Evaluation in New Jersey
- Beginning in 2016-17, changes to some of the rules in AchieveNJ will provide increased local flexibility allowing teachers, principals and district leaders to take more ownership of their evaluation systems. Please read the Back to School Memo for information about the proposed rules and the updated resources available to school districts. More detail about the regulatory changes can be found in AchieveNJ Regulatory Changes for 2016-17.
- On August 8, 2016, the Department launched a four part SGO video series, intended to help teachers develop Student Growth Objectives (SGOs) and be used by administrators for their own training purposes. You may visit the SGO Training Videos page here for more information and to view the videos.
- The Office of Evaluation offered Regional Workshops in July 2016, designed to support district implementation of the proposed regulatory changes to AchieveNJ. Each session introduced tools, guidance, and best practices related to the updated regulations and lessons learned over the first three years of AchieveNJ. The presentation can be found here.
- On July 18, 2016 the Office of Evaluation launched the Implementation Quality Toolkit which conceptualizes the components of evaluation implementation and provides a graphic organizer for describing where quality can be improved.
Complete Overviews of AchieveNJ: (Word | Presentation)
- ScIPs are in place by August 31
- Evaluation rubric notification to all staff complete by October 1