AchieveNJ and TEACHNJ
The TEACHNJ Act is the tenure reform law that was passed in August 2012. It defines in broad strokes the way the evaluation system in New Jersey will look. AchieveNJ provides the details and support structures necessary to allow districts to implement the law effectively.
- The Department of Education proposed a first round of regulations to help districts prepare to launch improved evaluations in 2013-14; these were adopted by the State Board on February 7, 2013.
- On March 6, 2013, the Department proposed a second round of regulations with more details about evaluation policies and procedures (known as AchieveNJ) for the coming school year.
- Second Round of Regulations, Adopted September 11, 2013
- Definitions of Evaluation Terminology in Proposed Regulations
- TeachNJ Guide: This guide provides an overview of major elements of the law