AchieveNJ for Principal/APs/VPs
Student Achievement Measures
In SY13-14, principal evaluations will incorporate the following student achievement measures; specific weightings for each depend on the type of principal and are explained in the AchieveNJ Principal Evaluation Overview:
- Student Growth Objectives
- Locally-calculated score that aggregates the performance of all teachers in a school on SGOs
- Administrator Goals
- Locally-calculated score that measures a principal's (or AP/VP's) impact on student achievement. In conjunction with the Chief School Administrator, the administrator will set school-wide goals. Please refer to the AchieveNJ Sample Administrator Goals (Word | PDF) for a template and example goals that districts may use.
- Student Growth Percentiles
- State-calculated score that measures a principal's ability to drive growth on New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK).