AchieveNJ for Principals/APs/VPs
School leaders have an enormous impact on teaching and learning in our schools. All New Jersey students deserve to attend high-quality schools led by great principals, and all New Jersey principals deserve meaningful opportunities for growth. In 2012, the Legislature unanimously passed a law requiring new teacher and principal evaluations to be implemented by the 2013–14 school year.
AchieveNJ is designed to recognize those who excel, identify those who need additional support, and provide meaningful feedback and professional development to help all principals to become great school leaders. The system was created by New Jersey educators for New Jersey educators. An Evaluation Pilot Advisory Committee, formed in 2010 and made up largely of educators, helped guide the pilot in 30 districts across the state. Lessons learned from those and other research and outreach efforts shaped the new statewide initiative.
Download additional information:
- AchieveNJ Regional Overview Presentation
- AchieveNJ Overview
- AchieveNJ Principal Evaluation Overview
- AchieveNJ Assistant/Vice Principal Evaluation Overview
- AchieveNJ Specialists and Others Evaluation Overview
- AchieveNJ School Improvement Panel and Strengthening Evaluation Overview
- AchieveNJ Directors and Supervisors Evaluation Overview