Bureau of Bilingual/ESL Education
» Bilingual Home «
ACCESS for ELLs™ »ELLs Home
Useful ACCESS and WIDA Websites
- www.wida.us World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium site. WIDA is a consortium of states dedicated to the design and implementation of standards and assessments for English language learners. New Jersey is a member of this consortium.
- www.metritech.com MetriTech is the testing company through which the Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State to State for English Language Learners (ACCESS for ELLs) is ordered and scored. To order ACCESS tests, you need to go to the MetriTech website and enter District's User Name and Password. The User Name and Password are case sensitive. If you make a mistake, you will be denied access, and the system will prompt you to try again. The instructions will be unique by district (each district receives a unique username and password).
ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ACCESS TEST ORDERING SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO METRITECH AT 1-800-747-4868 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
- www.wida.us/w-apt The WIDA ACCESS Placement Test (W-APT)™ is modeled after the ACCESS for ELLs® secure assessment. The W-APT is a downloadable assessment. Only districts that administered the ACCESS will have the ability to download and use this. IN ORDER TO DOWNLOAD THE W-APT, YOU MUST HAVE A USER I.D. AND PASSWORD. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR TEST COORDINATOR AND/OR SUPERINTENDENT FOR THIS INFORMATION.
- http://homeroom.state.nj.us The place where all New Jersey Department of Education online data collections reside. User names and passwords for data collections must be obtained from school district web user administrators (WUAs).
- www.cal.org Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) the organization that developed the ACCESS for ELLs test for the WIDA consortium. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE ACCESS for ELLs TEST OR THE PROCEDURES FOR ORDERING TESTS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO WIDA AT 1-800-747-4868 OR email@example.com.
A user name and password is needed for the W-APT assessment, the online ACCESS FOR ELLs training course, ACCESS for ELLs test ordering and any online data collections. THESE ARE DIFFERENT AND MAY BE POSSESSED BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN A SCHOOL DISTRICT.