Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act
Title III Federal Statute*
Title III Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
- Sec. 3001. Authorizations of appropriations; condition on effectiveness of parts.
Part A English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement Act
Subpart 1 Grants and Subgrants for English Language Acquisition and Language Enhancement
In General - subgrants for LEP students
Required Reservations - subgrants for eligible immigrant students
- Sec. 3112. Native American and Alaska native children in school.
- Sec. 3113. State and specially qualified agency plans.
- Sec. 3114. Within-state allocations.
- Sec. 3115. Subgrants to eligible entities.
- Purpose of (LEP student) subgrants
- Administrative expenses
- Required subgrantee activities
- Authorized subgrantee activities
- Activities by agencies experiencing substantial increases in immigrant children and youth
- Supplement not supplant
- Sec. 3116. Local Plans.
Subpart 2 Accountability and Administration
Subpart 3 National Activities
- Sec. 3131. National Professional Development Project.
Subpart 4 Definitions
Part B Improving Language Instruction Educational Programs (not currently in effect)
PART C General Provisions
*Italics were added for clarification