New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards
Cross-Content Workplace Readiness Standards And Progress Indicators
All Students will Develop Career Planning and Workplace Readiness Skills
Descriptive Statement: Students will be expected to develop the skills to seek, obtain, maintain, and change jobs. These skills are critical to each student's future ability to navigate in the complex world of work. Prior to leaving school, each student should possess the skills needed to sustain him/herself as an adult in the labor force.
Cumulative Progress Indicators
All students will be able to:
- Demonstrate employability skills and work habits, such as work ethic, dependability, promptness, and getting along with others, needed to get and keep a job.
- Describe the importance of personal skills and attitudes to job success.
- Identify career interests, abilities, and skills.
- Develop an individual career plan.
- Identify skills that are transferable from one occupation to another.
- Select a career major and appropriate accompanying courses.
- Describe the importance of academic and occupational skills to achievement in the work world.
- Demonstrate occupational skills developed through structured learning experiences, such as volunteer, community service, and work-based experiences or part-time employment.
- Identify job openings.
- Prepare a resume and complete job applications.
- Demonstrate skills and attitudes necessary for a successful job interview.
- Demonstrate consumer and other financial skills.
|Go Back to Previous Page||Back To Main Page||Go To Next Page|