Apply Online for Teacher/Administrator/ Ed Services Certificates Through the Teacher Certification Information System
- Attention completers of the Provisional Teacher Process (PTP):
Provisional Teacher Process Completion: Please note that TCIS will state your application is "incomplete" for at least 4 to 6 weeks after applying online for your standard. The Provisional Office will review the application to ensure that all requirements of mentoring have been completed and two effective or highly effective final summative ratings have been entered into PLRMS by the school. If you have questions regarding submission of your final summative evaluation ratings to the PLRMS PTP system please contact your school. CE candidates must also have all formal instruction completed and CE candidates who complete programs for P-3, ESL, Bilingual, and TOSD must submit to the Office of Certification and Induction official transcripts and either an original certificate of program completion or the Verification of Program Completion Form . CE candidates must also submit a $100 administrative fee when applying for their standard. Once the PTP issues your certificate, the status on TCIS will change from "incomplete" to "issued".
- Verifying Certification: As of May 15, 2015, paper certificates are no longer issued. All information about certificates is now available online including certificate name, certificate ID number, date of issuance, and expiration date if applicable
Our Teacher Certification Information System was updated on March 6, 2017 to include upgrades to financial accounting of certificate payments and the creation of an online Oath of Allegiance. These upgrades were essential to meeting state auditing requirements. They will improve processing times and provide for more accurate documentation of your certification fees. As the Oath of Allegiance is required to be updated if a certificate is not issued within six months of the original application date, effective March 6, 2016. All applications will expire six months after the original application date. If your application expires, you may then reapply for the same or additional certificates and the monies left on file after deducting an evaluation fee may be used as a credit (unless application was made June 30, 2016 and prior) for the new certificates. Fees are nonrefundable pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5.
- For improved customer service, our certification and Provisional Teacher Process phone lines are now open at 7:45 a.m.
- Department memo from December 15, 2015, describing the current certification regulations.
The summer 2017 Regional Certification Workshop Presentation for district and county staff may be viewed here.
- Chapter 9 new regulations FAQ
- Guidance on Highly Qualified Teachers