Apply Online Through the Teacher Certification Information System
- Verifying Certification: As of May 15, 2015, paper certificates are no longer issued. All information about certificates is now available online including certificate name, certificate ID number, date of issuance, and expiration date if applicable
Our Teacher Certification Information System was updated on March 6, 2017 to include upgrades to financial accounting of certificate payments and the creation of an online Oath of Allegiance. These upgrades were essential to meeting state auditing requirements. They will improve processing times and provide for more accurate documentation of your certification fees. As the Oath of Allegiance is required to be updated if a certificate is not issued within six months of the original application date, effective March 6, 2016. All applications will expire six months after the original application date. If your application expires, you may then reapply for the same or additional certificates and the monies left on file may be used as a credit (unless application was made June 30, 2016 and prior) for the new certificates. Fees are nonrefundable pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:9B-5.
- For improved customer service, our certification and Provisional Teacher Process phone lines are now open at 7:45 a.m.
- Department memo from December 15, 2015, describing the current certification regulations.
- The summer 2016 Regional Certification Workshop Presentation for district and county staff may be viewed here.
- Effective July 7, 2014, regulations regarding GPA requirements, flexibility rules, and basic skills tests changed. For a summary, click here.
- Chapter 9 new regulations FAQ, click here.
- For Guidance on Highly Qualified Teachers please click here.
- For upcoming changes in 2017-2018 for candidates obtaining CE's a and the CE preparation programs click here.