For more information:
- Accessing Museum Resources
(aka "Electronic Resources for Teaching About the Holocaust")
- Ashes, Ashes: A Poet Responds to the Holocaust
- Ben and Adam Danzger
- Children's Drawings from Darfur
- Free Online Courses on Teaching about the Jewish Partisans
Jewish Partisans & Resistance:
A Necessary Part of Holocaust Education
- Holocaust Museums, Monuments, and Memorials around the World
- Holocaust Museum Visitation Information
Quote from Dr. Paul B. Winkler: I had the opportunity last week to participate in a student program and a teacher in-service presented by Living Voices. Living Voices includes the unique combination of live theater and archival file techniques to examine history and brings lessons for today's audiences including issues of prejudice, bullying and social justice.
The program may be reviewed on their web site http://www.livingvoices.org/.
The program supports our idea of teaching about bias, prejudice, bigotry and the Holocaust and genocide through the Arts.
- Recent Resource Materials for Teaching the Holocaust
- Recommended Books & Materials for School Libraries:
- The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous Poster Set on Rescue: Traits that Transcend
- We Are Not Alone Video and Study Guide, Holocaust Studies Program
The core mission of the New Jersey Commission on Holocaust Education is to promote Holocaust education in the State of New Jersey. On a continual basis, the Commission shall survey the status of Holocaust/Genocide Education; design, encourage nd promote the implementation of Holocaust and genocide education and awareness; provide programs in New Jersey; and coordinate designated events that will provide appropriate memorialization of the Holocaust on a regular basis throughout the state. The Commission will provide assistance and advice to the public and private schools and will meet with county and local school officials, and other interested public and private organizations, to assist with the study of the Holocaust and genocide.
We invite you to find out more, whether you require Group or Company specific information, simply explore the site using the links to the left.
Phil Kirschner, Esq.
Dr. Paul B. Winkler
State of New Jersey
Commission on Holocaust Education
P.O. Box 500
Trenton, NJ 08625